Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 13

Sorry I haven't updated this week. It's been a hectic week that I would love to whine...er...blog about, but let's get to the weight loss results.

Today is day 13 of this torture. I'm down 12.2 lbs since day one, which I know is incredible, but dang this is a damn struggle almost all day long.

The good news is that today was the first day that I stood in front of the mirror and could actually see the weight loss. I can see it in my face, neck and chest the most and all of my pants aren't loose, but they aren't digging into my skin anymore and leaving itchy red marks.

I've learned that if you put tilapia in a pan with the juice of 1 lemon and coat it with lemon pepper and cook it on high, the lemon pepper and lemon juice with slightly burn/crisp and it tastes very close to blackened. Blackened anything is my favorite so this discovery was fabulous.

I've learned that there is no way that I can cook shrimp without butter or oil that is tasty and I'm giving up on the shrimp as soon as I finish what I have.

I've learned that dried onion flakes are lean ground beef's best good friend and make the meat taste sinful.

I've learned that eating nothing unhealthy or preserved makes your poop smell like grass...seriously.

That's about it for today. I'm trudging along day by day and just trying not to falter one day at a time. The weekend starts tomorrow which means an almost constant struggle. Work days are way easier. I'm 160.8 today and only 15.2 lbs away from goal which could possibly be only 2 weeks away if I stay strong.

Oh, before I go, I've also learned that Shelby wants to eat ANYTHING that mommy eats so she's been getting her fill of all of this good food also. She LOVES cauliflower and apples and tilapia and almost everything else I've cooked. She eats her dinner, then sits with me and picks at my dinner...which may be why I'm doing so well because I'm not even eating my full amounts of dinner because of her.

Peace out - I'll update measurements on Saturday.

No comments: