Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Preparation

I've begun the preparation stage for the Hcg diet. I've begun researching food options and recipes, and today I went and got everything on my checklist of approved toiletry items.

This is the part that I'm most afraid of. It's odd that I'm less concerned about learning how to perfectly steam white fish into something edible as I am about giving up my precious Lanolin saturated toiletry items!

So here's the run down. While I won't be starting the drops until Saturday (if my god damn package arrives in time!) I still went ahead and tested out my products tonight. because what girl can stand to have a bag of new toiletry items and wait to use them?! I understand that there are many other options than the ones below, but since I'm short on time to hit the Whole Foods or order things online, I had to make do with the Wal-Mart accessible list of supplies for the first go round. Here's my review:

Secret gel deodorant - no problem, used it for years anyway.

Tom's of Maine Toothpaste - now this one was a bit odd. While my teeth are clean and my breath is sparkly fresh using toothpaste void of chemicals will take a bit to get used to. I'm not complaining. I'm just saying that I definitely felt a little hippie-esque while using this product.

Herbal Essence Drama Clean shampoo - this may be the most difficult area to get used to as I have EXTREMELY thick unruly frizzy hair. It smells fabulous and I even had fun moaning like they used to in the old commercials from the 90's. However, I foresee many clips and pony tails this summer because this shampoo isn't going to help my frizz situation at all. I put "google Hcg diet/frizzy hair" on my list for tomorrow to see if there are any tested and approved solutions out there for this.

Neutrogena Foaming Cleanser and Oil Free Face Moisturizer - the cleanser was fabulous and I loved it. The moisturizer left much to be desired. I've been slathering on thick creams and serums for years in my effort to battle wrinkles so this very lightweight moisturizer may take some time to fall in like with.

Ivory soap - no biggie. I've used this for decades because I have a history of UTI's and kidney infections. I've used this unhappily but faithfully since I was 4 years old per doctor's orders.

Last but not least comes the product that I was most concerned about and the most pleasantly surprised over. Johnson's Baby Oil - plain baby oil. This worried me. I've never used baby oil on myself or on my babies and all I could imagine is that I'd become a walking greasy mess or a shriveled prune from giving up on moisturizing altogether.

But this is SO not so. I must confess, I am completely in love with plain ole baby oil. First of all, used sparingly and well rubbed it, it leaves NO greasy feeling. Surprisingly, it leaves your skin so incredibly soft that even my husband couldn't stop rubbing my skin. The scent is a "baby" scent, but it's actually very feminine and reminds me of being 12 years old and spraying Love's Baby Soft all over before heading to the mall. The scent also wears off quickly so by time it's time for boom boom, you won't have to worry about smelling like a daycare. I love this stuff and at $1.99 for a giant bottle, I can't believe I have never tried this before.

So that is my product review. I plan to research a few other shampoos and remedies for dry face skin and frizzy hair, but over all this was pleasantly exciting and fun to try all of these new products that I may have never tried if I weren't doing this.

I also need to look into other issues, such as shaving gels (if I can even use them) and one that's a bit embarrassing, but necessary...um...personal lubricant. It is a MUST for me so I need to find out if anything is available to me for that issue.

I've been eating whatever I want all this week and my 2 gorge days will hopefully be Saturday and Sunday if the god damn drops arrive in time. I'm incredibly excited and was thrilled to find that many cajun spices are Hcg diet approved! WOOT! I might have to eat shit tons of Tilapia, but at least it'll be well seasoned.

The last thing on my list to google tomorrow is "on the go food options" for the Hcg diet. In other words, if I am not in a situation where I have an oven or a microwave, what in the hell will I eat? I'm particularly concerned about Mardi Gras day and can't imagine having to whip out a cold chicken breast on the parade route. I'll do it if I have to, but that has to be something that can be done here.

I probably won't update again until it's time to start so hopefully I'll report in on Saturday with my beginning weight and measurements and my review of gorge day # 1.

No comments: