Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Another genital post

Since my posts of late all seem to center around genitalia for some unknown reason, how about another penis story?

HOORAY!!!

Here goes. In our family, the penis is called your "bird". All of the men in my family have birds and if you marry into this family, you must dispose of your prior name and adopt the name, bird.

My son loves his bird, as most men do. As he's nearing 9, I've become a bit uncomfortable with his open affection for his bird. His bird has grown significantly in this past year and I try not to see it anymore, if I can help it.

However, when I do happen to see it...it is always...ALWAYS erect and he is always...ALWAYS fiddling with it. It's a sport that he truly gets into. He sits on the sofa in the morning in his boxers with his morning woody and just really gets into fiddling with it.

We've begun telling him to stop and that he should only do that in his room. We've begun catching him all over. Dr. Google as well as his pediatrician (whom I questioned yesterday about while Luke was in the bathroom) all say that this is super normal and super age appropriate.

But good Lord son, can you play with anything else lately?

So this morning, I caught him mid fiddle. Now mind you, there is no jerking off motions at this age. It's merely a pulling and prodding and swirling. Also, as a side note and a totally other blog topic for the future, my son is not circumcised so this gives the fiddling dimensions of fiddle that circumcised little boys could not understand.

Back to the story. I caught him mid fiddle this morning and so did Ziggy. We were frantically finishing moving living room odds and ends into the garage for the painter to finish the room when we both turned and saw Luke with his bird hanging out, totally up at attention in mid fiddle.

I told him to stop that right away, the living room is not where we do that. Here is the entire point to this story. Upon hearing my fussing, here is his reply verbatim:

"But mom, I'm just celebrating."

"Celebrating what, son?"

"Celebrating that we have mass today so I get to have my 2nd Communion." (His first communion was Saturday.)

"Oh, well, I'm not sure if God would like you to celebrate in the living room like that, ok?"

"OK, mom."

The fiddling stopped until I walked out the door and BAM, the bird comes out again and gets a fiddling.

So next time you feel like fiddling with your genitalia, or catch someone else doing the same, just remember, it's just a celebration! Ziggy and I laughed at this all day.

1 comment:

Aunt Becky said...

Bwahahahahaha! Comedy Gold.