Sunday, May 24, 2009

Call on the saints?

I have a problem. It may seem silly, it sure does to Ziggy, but it's a real problem to me. Here it is:

I am deathly afraid of the baby's room.

No kidding. Since the day we moved into this house, I have been afraid of that room. I hate going in it alone. I hate walking away from it with my back turned against it. I hate walking down the hallway with the lights out - I HAVE to be able to see the doorway of that room.

I can't nap in that room (It's been our guest room for almost 2 years, so there is a bed in there). I can't go in there AT ALL when I am home alone.

I have no idea what the reason is. Nothing bad ever happened in there. The family before us lived here over 20 years and raised 2 daughters in that room. Nothing evil ever occurred in the room. I'm not normally one to believe in haunts or spirits. I have NO IDEA what my problem is.

No one else gets these feelings in this room. No one. Ziggy naps/sleeps in there all the time when he gets kicked out of the bed for his snoring.

So what is this? A sixth sense? An intuition? I have no idea. How do I get rid of it though? I keep thinking that the more it transforms into the baby's room, the less I'll feel like this, but it's actually getting worse. Last night I had a thought of having to go into that room at 3:00am to change diapers and soothe a baby and it freaked the hell out of me.

What is my problem? I've thought of maybe doing some kind of prayer in there or hanging a crucifix or something. But I'm not even sure if that would help or not.

Any suggestions?

No comments: