Friday, May 15, 2009

I can see clearly now

After 2 Claritin D's (doctor approved) a little Tylenol and my first 2 pill dose on a Z-pak, I can finally lift my head long enough to say hello.

I was slammed with a sinus infection this week, the likes of which I have never experienced in my life. My concern for the baby's well being as far as avoiding OTC or other drugs flew out of the window this morning when I literally sat in my car with my son sitting next to me and just bawled my eyes out over the sickness and misery of it.

I haven't experienced illness like this in probably a decade. It was absolutely unbearable. While I know that the Z-pak hasn't worked that quickly, I'm pretty sure that it's the Claritin D that is allowing me a short reprieve from drowning in my own snot.

I've lost a total of 4 pounds so far from just not being able to taste or stomach hardly anything. My stomach has remained full and satiated on my own dripping mucus and I still keep having to force myself to remember, oh shit, I'm pregnant, perhaps I should eat something.

And of course it happens in the week that the house is being painted, the a/c went on the fritz and my husband is working until 9:00pm every night for his company's end of fiscal year...of course, I mean, why not, right?

So it was a shit week to say the least. I've vowed to obey doctor's orders and remain in bed, or in the vicinity of bed for the entire weekend so that hopefully I can return to normal by Monday. Luke is a bit tired of Lunchables and pizza rolls here.

Good health to you, sorry I've been negative nelly lately and hopefully next week will bring better things to write about.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time of it. Chin up! Soon you'll be holding your baby in your arms, and this will all be a faint memory. :-)