Monday, June 1, 2009

23 weeks? Are you shitting me?

It hit me today, hard - I'M 23 weeks! HOLY SHIT! That's like 3 weeks away from viability...not that I want/plan to have a 26 week old baby, but still - if it did happen to fall out for some reason, in only 3 weeks, it would probably survive. That's freaking amazing.

I also noticed that I'm more than half way finished in the boxes above - that's weird and freaky too, expecially since it felt like FOREVER just to get out of the first box.

So what's been happening? Well, the 1/2 house renovations are almost done. Our house is a great shell of a house, but it SCREAMS 1980. We could only afford to start renovating half of the house right now, so we chose the guest room (future baby room), Luke's room, the living room and the hallway...well that's really about a 1/3 of the house, but by time this baby is in high school, we should be done!

So I demanded that Luke's room be the first done so that he wouldn't be displaced long, so his room is finally done. The baby's room is about 90% done. Ziggy just needs to caulk/spackle/paint the baseboards. Then the living room and hallway are last. It's been really hard having furniture all over and nothing in it's place - especially for someone like me, but I'm dealing.

All of the baby's furniture is in and is just awaiting being unboxed and put together. Things are moving along...SLOWLY, but surely.

Ziggy is doing much better, thank God. My theory of the early onset of his normal June depression seems to be true and we've entered June almost in the clear, so May just sucked the way that June normally does. He's returned to his normal bubbly, joking, dancing around the house obnoxious self and we are so happy to have him back. I've been trying my best to applaud his return as the experts say I should and let go of the anger of his departure - that is also coming along...SLOWLY, but surely.

Alterior placenta be damned, this baby has become a kicker. I'm not sure if the placenta is migrating, as the doctor hoped it would, or if he/she is just strong enough to now be felt through it, but good gawd I'm feeling some kicking.

Sometimes I sit and just gaze at Luke - his fingers, his toes, his nose and I think, I MADE THAT - I made every cell in his body and here I am, blessed enough to get to do it one more time. And when I say, "one more time", that is exactly what I mean. This is it for us. I have no desire to have a litter. I want as many as I can afford and be comfortable and love adequately while hanging on to my career and I know in my soul that this is it for us and I'm ok with that. We've decided against getting "fixed" until we are 35...just in case we win the lottery or have a major change of heart, but in our minds, we know we are done.

So that's a generic update of life in general. So much else is going on...growing twin nephews that are HILARIOUS, Luke being with his dad for the weeks during the summer, stress and anxiety over our growing debt and worries over Ziggy's physical health lately (we are suspecting possible diabetes), my crazy mother being crazy again and me being scared about being out of work for 8 weeks - but we'll catch up on all that jazz later, I promise.

2 comments:

Aunt Becky said...

How can you be 23 weeks already?

Unknown said...

whilst thou ever post again?? your hiatus is bumming me out, it's not like you have a lot going on what with two weddings, house renovations and a baby coming up. your people demand an audience!!!!!