Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Money

March started off fabulous. Our tax return gave us enough money to pay down a good chunk of credit card debt, put a little in our savings, pay 6 months of car insurance in advance, pay off Luke's tuition and summer camp bills for 08/09 and we still had $1000 that we specifically decided to use to start renovating our 1980's house.

Fast forward to June. One credit card is totally maxed. Another one is close. Our saving's balance is about to be totally depleted and I'm debating selling my husband's semen.

How did this happen? We're used to highs and lows, but man, this is the lowest that we've come. How did we let this happen?

Well, there was $1000 for the pool (that I don't regret since we use it TONS and it keeps us from spending more money out entertaining ourselves), there was new tires for both cars, a new windshield for me, baby furniture, a renovation that had a $1000 budget and ended up close to $5000 (renovating one room led us to renovating 3 rooms and a hallway), we decided that yes we COULD afford to pay Luke's tuition for 09/10 in 4 interest free installments instead of 12 payments like we normally do, Luke needs braces, Ziggy lost a lot of income and the finale was the a/c breaking.

For Ziggy's income questions - he's delivered the newspaper on Friday/Saturday/Sunday nights for the entire time he's been sober (part of his ammends to pay off his debts that turned into a luxury monthly paycheck for us to blow that we didn't want to give up that then turned into a necessity). Well, the paper scaled him back to one day a week due to general cut backs (less people buying the paper) and bam, there goes $400 a month that we were used to having.

Anyway, I'm just throwing myself a little pity party. I know it will be ok. My dad had offered last year to help me if ever Luke needed braces, so I plan to swallow my pride and call daddy. That will help a big bit. Ziggy and I have some other ways to get cash that aren't illegal, although Uncle Sam will penalize us a bit. So it's not like I'm asking you all to send me canned goods...yet.

So that's life right now. It's all I can think about and I just want to get out of this black hole soon. I'm not sure if it's earned bad Karma, or just my turn for a shit pile to be thrown on me, but enough already. Please?

No comments: