Tuesday, November 11, 2008

You want me to drive where? with who?

There is a woman at work that I don't particularly like. Maybe it's because she is a compulsive liar. Maybe it's because her work ethic is despicable. Maybe it's because she is "triflin" to say the least. Maybe it's because she takes advantage of me at any chance she has and would gladly roast me over a fire if it meant that she might get a nod of approval from someone...anyone. Maybe it's because she once filed a ridiculous complaint about me with Human Resources and gave me 3 months of ever lovin hell while trudging through that. We'll call her Stripper Trash Barbie. That's a fitting name. STB for short.

It's been a year since the STB drama at work, and her and I have managed to find a few superficial things in common to keep us from loathing each other too much. I deal with her. She puts up with me. We smile at each other and try to hide any underlying hatred. Did I mention that I'm her boss. Oh yeah, that adds to the joy of it all.

My own boss, god love the douche bag, decided that it would be a fabulous idea for STB and I to go out to lunch with a Sales Manager and the personnel from a large chain that we service (i.e. important manager plus important customer). I very unhappily accepted the invitation. I knew that getting out of the office would be a huge morale boost for her and hell - a free meal is a free meal, right?

Small detail that douche bag boss forgot to mention until much much later - we have to travel to the customer...in Mississippi...together...in the same car...alone. So now I get to spend 2 and a half hours driving with someone who not only loathes me, but I sure ain't her biggest fan.

ANXIETY! As a person, she can be fairly cool to chat with, however she is VERY chatty and I highly doubt that I will have 2 minutes of silence in the total FIVE HOURS of driving.

I hate this. I hate douche bag boss. I hate making nice nice. And puhlease do not lecture me on how this is a golden opportunity or any bullshit like that, because I've already heard it and it's hogwash. We will loathe each other just as much after we return as we do before we leave - we'll just have a possible fun memory to attach to the loathing.

1 comment:

Aunt Becky said...

Suckatude, dude. Hope it goes by quickly.