Sunday, October 12, 2008

Hurry, before they catch me....

I figured that since it's back to work tomorrow and gawd knows when I'll have computer access again, I should post again while I had internet access and a minute of quiet.

I took my first pregnancy test this morning, negative. Of course, what did I expect? But it still stung like a huge mamba jamba jellyfish. I woke up with a mild fever (in the uppper 99's) - isn't that supposed to be very promising? I also had some mild menstrual cramping this morning. I've forced myself not to pay attention to days, but I'm pretty sure that my period is due sometime between now and Wednesday - so here we go...let the disappointment, feelings of inadequacy, depression and self loathing commence!

I got to hold a twin finally this week! My sister's boys are finally a robust 4 pounds each. I held the one that is named after his asshole father. I know it's not fair for the poor infant, but my mother and I very guilt-fully (not sure if that is a word) favor the one NOT named after the asshole father. It's just so hard to speak his name to a baby with love in your voice when the person that you've known for years who holds that name is a total prick of the elephantitis variety. Especially when prick father is in the room and can hear you speaking his own name in that baby voice. Puke.

They've both had their oxygen tubes removed and will be introduced to the boob this week rather than being fed through tubes in their guts. Very exciting. Plus, they are out of their tiny incubators and into a plexiglass open faced box where they can lay side by side.

In other news: I had my credit card stolen at the oil change place yesterday and about an hour after I left the oil change place, my credit card company called me to report "suspicious activity" on my account. After hours on the phone and much drama, the oil change place busted the person using my card on the company computer to try and buy things. Turns out there was a video camera on the ceiling pointed directly at that computer. Gah! That was stressful/lucky/wild. (Little known fact - my mom does the books for the oil change place, and so that's how I now know all the down low info). Now I'm am tapping my toes for my lifetime pass for free oil changes. What? They don't give those out? Turds!

Again, I'm so sorry not focus on one subject, or to be hilarious, or entertain you in any way - it's just that time is short and I still have 3 other blogs to read and catch up on before I get kicked off this computer.

Oh and Ms. Lan, if you read this, did you fall off the face of the earth? I'm feeling unloved and forgotten!

1 comment:

Aunt Becky said...

I hate the let down from the negative pg test. Always stings quite a bit, eh?

Sorry, dude.