Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Didn't mean to lead you on...

My ex-husband has a cat. He needs to get rid of the cat and has decided to tug at the heartstrings of two fierce animal lovers, yours truly and Ziggy, to help him find the cat another home.

The cat is the most lovey sweet cat on earth, but at night, he goes around the house and pisses on everything (yes, he's neutered). They have no idea why, and in true style of my ex-husband, he just wants to get rid of it.

So my husband and I developed a plan to convince my mother-in-law to take the cat. We were over there tonight opening presents with Luke since it's not my year to have him for Christmas.

Erick called him mom over to a quieter room in the house to talk to her about the cat. As soon as he pulled her into the room, she got this goofy grin and teared up and hugged him...and that's when it hit him...she thought he wanted to have a heart to heart to tell her that she would FINALLY be a grandmother in 9 months.

Ouch.

Sorry mom...we just want you to have a cat is all.

The woman has 3 kids between the ages of 34 and 22 and has probably been dreaming of her big grandmother moment for at least a decade now. Ziggy's sister's brief stint at being a lesbian nearly crushed her dreams, but with sis now flying straight again and Ziggy being married for almost 2 years and youngest bro being engaged...she's probably getting beyond the point of antsy about becomming a grandma.

Poor ole gal. I'm so so so sorry that our bodies SUCK ASS and that we can't make that dream come true for you. In the mean time, she's known Luke since he was four and gets to kinda pretend with him...but we all know it's just not the same.

I feel like shit and so does Ziggy. Sometimes we forget that the intense desire to create life isn't only our own and that others in our family could be hurting over it just as much as we are.

1 comment:

Aunt Becky said...

Oh, my. That pulled on my heartstrings, my friend. I'm so sorry.