Monday, December 1, 2008

Mrs. Scrooge

Sorry I haven’t said much. I’ve often thought of posting, but I’ve had a “case of the Mondays” for about 2 weeks straight now.

Maybe it’s the cold, which I LOATHE. Anything under 50 degrees is my own personal hell. Maybe it’s work which has been particularly busy/stressful lately.

I have no clue, but every time I think of posting, I just shrug and say, “blah”.

News? Well, we decorated the house for Christmas this weekend – everything except the damn tree (that’s just for you Ames) I’m so not holly jolly yet this year and normally I am by now.

I mailed off my Christmas cards already, because I’m THAT person who mails them right after Thanksgiving and annoys the shit out of the procrastinators. And then I sit and obsess the rest of the season wondering if person X sent me a card because they planned to, or just because I sent them one first and now they feel obligated?

How’s that for sick thinking?

Yes, I know. I would go to a therapist, but they all say that I’m perfectly healthy. Weird.

So let’s give some shoutouts – in no particular order to peeps who may read this and have been on my mind today!

Lan, I MISS you and I LURVE you and if you were here I would give you big smooches and hugs and eat snacky cakes with you.

Ames, you don’t Tweet nearly enough lately and I need your witty spontaneous type of humor to help me get through my day. Start tweeting because I need you, lest I bust a cap in one of these bitches at work for pissing me off.

Rissa, you’re becomming my first ever Internets BFF and I can’t wait to hopefully meet you AND rub all over that belly for Mardi Gras.

So that’s it for now. I gotta run. Moms is coming over for dinner and I get to spend the evening watching her nail herself to her cross…again…

I’ll write more soon, I promise.

3 comments:

Aunt Becky said...

I totally have a case of the Monday's too. Hate that crap.

Let's get into the spirit together, okay? Well, or we can hate it together anyway.

Anonymous said...

Hello Sandy! thanks for commenting over at the Peevery. Just wanted to say that I was in New Orleans over Halloween and I loved it. Never mind Bourbon Street, I was over that scene in a couple of hours. But the rest of the french quarter and surrounding 'hoods, although I didn't get to see much else, and all the amazing food, and the people were really really nice, and the garden district lovely, and the cemetaries... so I just felt I had to support some community effort there.
And now I'm also a fan of your blog.

Momma Brinkley said...

Awe! I feel the same way! Just the other night, we got home from God-knows-where and I got myself a piece of pie. My computer is next the couch since our office still has no furniture in it, and James said "Oh what, are you going to email Sandy and tell her you're eating pie?" I about fell off the couch laughing, because I totally was thinking about texting you to see what you were doing!!!! LOL! Hopefully, it won't be that much longer and you'll be able to introduce me to my first Mardi Gras!!!!