Sunday, March 15, 2009

Gun Show

First I need to ask you all to keep lovely Kristen in your prayers tonight - http://kristenwiley.blogspot.com/. God Bless, Kristen.

For Ziggy's birthday, I promised him two things - the sex and the gun show. Ugh, what was I thinking? The sex wasn't bad - I put on the maternity babydoll nightie that he had bought me for Valentine's Day and I gave him about 15 minutes of birthday boy happiness. The gun show on the other hand....

I mean seriously. Both types of people who attend the gun shows are the types that you are taught as a woman to fear and avoid and lock your car doors if you see one. There is the total redneck type who like their women thick and their cigarettes hand rolled and are all plotting on their takeover of the American government. Then there are the thugs with diamond teeth and hands holding up their ridiculously baggy pants.

And then it occurred to me - these two genres of humans are so immensely similar to one another nowhere else in this world except here at this gun show. On the street they hate eachother. They speak horribly of one another and would definitely not shed a tear over the loss of one of the other kind.

But here in this gunshow, they are the same - they are all staunch supporters of the second ammendment and would pick up a gun and defend that ammendment together, side by side, if it came down to that.

Kind of odd to think of it like that, but here in the South, whether you own a piece of farmland, or you live in a housing project, you probably own a firearm of some kind and the nasty ass gun show is the only place on earth where you will see these two separate breeds come together in a true sense of friendship and understanding.

1 comment:

KristenWiley said...

Thank you. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers. We are just trying to deal right now. I'm numb, I guess. Thank you again.