Thursday, February 26, 2009

Lan

Dear Lan,

I've felt compelled to write this all day long today. Blame pregnancy hormones. Blame the season changing here in New Orleans and memories flooding in. Blame jackturd boss who is too busy for me lately and Forman for deserting me for a fancy office at the movie studio. Blame what you will, but I'm feeling weepy and nostalgic this evening.

I can't imagine the things that you are facing and battling and nothing that I can say can make it better or ease the worry and fears. I KNOW that it will get better sooner than later, but it's shitty for me to even suggest that when the silver lining seems so far away.

I miss you terribly, dear woman. Terribly. I hate to see you in such a sad place where you feel that you would be a burden to me. PASHAW! No such thing.

Anyway, here is the meat and potatoes. There is a song that makes me think of you and ALWAYS has since I first met you. It's totally corny but for some reason whenever I hear this song, I think of no one but you. Perhaps it is because of how fabulous you look in this color. Perhaps it is the brightness that you added to my life in the time that you were here. I've thought of sharing this with you for ages and was always too embarrassed to do it.

Well no more. Here it is. This is your song in my eyes and if I could sing better than a Croaker on a fishing hook, I would sing it for you.

Yellow - Cold Play

Look at the stars,
Look how they shine for you,
And everything you do,
Yeah they were all yellow,

I came along
I wrote a song for you
And all the things you do
And it was called yellow

So then I took my turn
Oh all the things I've done
And it was all yellow

Your skin
Oh yeah your skin and bones
Turn into something beautiful
D'you know you know I love you so
You know I love you so

I swam across
I jumped across for you
Oh all the things you do
Cause you were all yellow

I drew a line
I drew a line for you
Oh what a thing to do
And it was all yellow

Your skin
Oh yeah your skin and bones
Turn into something beautiful
D'you know for you i bleed myself dry
For you i bleed myself dry

Its true look how they shine for you
look how they shine for you
look how they shine for you
look how they shine for you
look how they shine for you
look how they shine
look at the stars look how they shine for you

So I had to do that, and when my hormones shift in an hour, I may totally feel like a wierd creepy stalker and wish that I had never been such a pansy, but for now I feel that you'll know my intentions and hopefully feel all warm and cozy inside.

Feel better, Lan. Feel some hope. You will come out on top!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh mama, i LOVE you. you are too sweet, and yes i did just cry a river of grateful tears after reading that. i know and truly believe that things will get better and i SO appreciate your listening to me and picking me up when you have such a collossally MORE IMPORTANT thing to talk/worry/kvetch/plan/elate about. i have ALWAYS loved that song and known all the words but never understood them until i actually read them instead of squawking them out in my car.

thank you for brightening my day and my life and at the risk of sounding like blanche devereau, thank you for being my friend.

i love you.