Friday, February 27, 2009

Waiting sucks and crazy husbands

I can't believe that I have TWO! MORE! WEEKS! to wait before seeing the doctor again...well, 13 days, but who's counting?

Helloooo little one? You ok in there?

I broke down and weighed today and I was pleasantly surprised. While I can't button ANY of my pants AT ALL anymore and my boobs are now officially DD's, I've only gained 1.5 pounds in the 5 and 1/2 weeks that I've known I was pregnant.

That's rather astonishing - I thought that it would be about 10 from the fit of my pants. However, I am still in all of my normal shirts, just can't button me pants, so I guess that whole belly popping out faster for the second kid is no lie.

Ziggy saw Dr. Awesomeness again today (he's gotten a "ness" added to his name for the most recent awesomeness he displayed). This is Ziggy's bipolar cocktail:

In the morning he takes 60mg of Cymbalta, 450mg of Lithium, 70mg of Vyvanse, a GNC Mega Man multi vitamin and a triple strength fish oil capsule that is about as huge as my thumb (new studies show major promise with fish oil and bipolar).

Then in the pm he takes another 450mg of Lithium, 300mg of Lithium, a 5mg of Abilify and another multi vitamin (it's a two pill dose, so I break it up).

Yes, so this is EVERY DAY of his life. His meds alone after insurance cost us $220 a month. However, I've known my husband for almost 10 years now and this is absolutely the MOST mentally healthy and stable that I have ever seen him and for that I am so grateful. He is alert and active and participating in life and family. He isn't yelling at everyone and everything, he isn't yelling at news anchors on TV (as much). It's just as close to the word "normal" as we've ever been.

So Hooray for Dr. Awesomeness.

He's still a crazy ass nut though - he actually just walked in the office a minute ago and reminded me that "We really need to start buying guns and gold, baby, guns and gold. The South WILL rise again and we need to be prepared." This was said in his best redneck voice while standing in his underwear. Yes, he's hot, he's medicated, he's nuts and he's all mine.

No comments: