Sunday, February 1, 2009

Superbowl

In honor of Superbowl Sunday, I am watching Twins and eating a superbowl of icecream!

My son is staying at his father's house tonight to do that manly superbowl father son bonding bit, and while Ziggy is a bit depressed about that, he's really tired anyway. He and Luke have a fantasy football team together, so he's upset about Luke not being here to fret over points with, but he's eying my belly longingly for the day when we will have our own that never has to leave our house...and so am I.

So, tomorrow is the big day - the magic stick day where we will hopefully see something growing happily in my uterus. I'm going alone and I'm totally ok with that. Ziggy has an appointment with Dr. Awesome that he can't miss because the dosage on one of his new meds is too high and he literally has not slept in almost a week. He moved from Adderall to the new and very fancy Vyvanse, which is really working SOOOO much better, but he can't sleep. At all. He's handling it really well but bipolar plus zero sleep is a dangerous combo, so he needs to get to the doctor.

So that leaves me on my own. Sure I could have gotten my mom to come and I'm postive that Ralph would have jumped at the chance, but the thought of getting to see this first photo, to get to have this first glimpse, this first meeting, all to my self seems so decadent. It's almost like I get to selfishly indulge in that moment all by myself and I'm looking so forward to it.

Well, Ziggy is forcing me to put on the Superbowl now, so I have to go - go Arizona!

No comments: