Thursday, February 12, 2009

Welcome to the world

My ex-husband and his wife are bringing Luke's baby sister into the world, right now, as we speak, in a hospital right down the street.

It's funny how having my own growing embryo has finally helped me to not only accept that SHE is birthing Luke's sibling first, but has actually made me happy and excited for the both of them and for Luke.

I remember the day that Luke called me to tell me that Ms. Jennifer was pregnant. I was paying bills at the kitchen table on a Saturday when he called from his dad's house. I kept my composure until we hung up and choked back the tears and then cried hysterically for almost an hour on Ziggy's arm. It was supposed to be ME that gave Luke his first sibling, and I felt as though she was personally robbing me of my rights as Luke's mom.

I know that it sounds silly now that I felt that strongly, but when you've tried to conceive for over a year and your ex-husband's wife can create life in only 3 cycles - you get a little nuts. OK?

I actually think that I made ammends with it before I actually got my own embryo - but maybe I didn't and it's just easy to say that now. I'm not too sure.

Anyway, as we speak, she is coming into this world and I am completely honest when I say that I am happy and I feel blessed that our family, in a weird definition of the word "family", is expanding.

No comments: