Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sick Day

Wow, it's been a hella weekend. Saturday was my first day in class. I'm taking a non credit course to prepare for the Notary exam in June and it's a 8 hour class ALL day on Saturday. I wrote so many notes, that my hand is still cramping.

For those non-Louisiana folk, Louisiana follows Civil Law while the rest of the states have Common Law. In other states, all a Notary can do is sign and seal. In Louisiana, a notary can perform many functions that are reserved for only attorneys in other states such as drafting contracts, taking oaths, wills, etc. So in Louisiana, to become a Notary it's almost like taking mini law school classes. our teacher said that in his past 3 semesters, he's only had 7 people pass the test. Fabulous.

Then Saturday night sister and the twins slept over so I got off of school and went straight into baby heaven. They are 5 months now and about the size of an average 3 month old. SOOOO much fun! I was up half the night helping her with them while their daddy played poker till 4:00am with friends (I won't even go there).

Then today was Luke's parade. He rode in the Krewe of Little Rascals which is an all children parade. I was supposed to walk along with float, but in my condition I had to beg ex-husband to do it in my place and remarkably, he did. I think it was his protective cop side that came out.

Since 9:00am this morning, I've been in the BLAZING sun. It was almost 80 degrees today and nothing but sun. We got him on the float, then sat and waited for the parade and then watched him and then jetted to the end to sit and wait for it to finish.

Needless to say, I think that the term "overdoing it" is an understatement for this weekend. I am so exhausted and yet I still have a million things to do that I neglected all weekend like laundry and bills.

So in between spraying aloe on my sunburn, I'll be getting chores done and hopefully wrapping it up soon. I'm contemplating a sick day for tomorrow in a HUGE way.

No comments: