Monday, September 15, 2008

What the hell?

I'm so freakin pissy today. I alternate between homicidal thoughts towards anyone who enters my office, and just wanting to be curled into a ball and crying. I have totally logical reasons for these feelings and yet my mind just can't be convinced that it's just today and it will pass. I'm sitting here and dooming and glooming over EVERYTHING today.

What the hell is my problem?

I think it has to do with the lack of sleep last night. Our electricity went out AGAIN last night for 7 hours! We were woken up at 1:00am by Luke (oops, now you know his name - bah! who cares) running down the hall crying, "I have to pee and I can't see!!!"....which is actually kind of humorous now that I think about it. It came back on at 7:50am this morning, but of course it meant wheeling out the hunk-a-mamma generator and cranking that bitch up so that I don't lose the $200 of groceries that I JUST restocked the fridge/freezer with yesterday...and then pumping gas into 5 gallon containers at 3:00am for the generator while Ziggy got the fridge and window a/c unit plugged in, and then trying to sleep with the sound of the generator which is like trying to sleep at the airport.

Add on top of that a large helping of PMS on a Monday - and it's Clomid cycle PMS which is TOTALLY worse than your normal PMS - trust me, I know.

And I HATE when I feel like this, because I know how truly lucky and blessed I am (note the title of my blog) - this is one of my forgetful days. I mean, I have a house - it's damaged from Gustav way more than we thought it was and now requires an insurance claim, but it's a nice big lovely house. I'm not pregnant, but I have a gorgeous, bright, sweet, jock of a son who will be trying out for a linebacker position on his football team tonight. I have a healthy (physically, NOT mentally) happy family for the most part and there is food in the fridge. What more could I want? I feel like a yiney whiney turd but I just can't shake it. So I apologize for wah wah'ing all over the place today.

But I'm taking today and a whiney day and will hopefully be back in good spirits tomorrow.

3 comments:

Aunt Becky said...

You're completely allowed to have off days and days when you're furious--no matter WHAT you have going for you. Period.

Every time I rant on my blog, I get smacked down by some troll or another, and I always want to remind them of one thing: everyone is allowed bad days.

Momma Brinkley said...

Can I just say that I love you!!! Seriously! Bless your bones! No sleeping on top of Clomid pms?!?! That's horrible! AND you managed to make it through the day?!?! Good for you! Can't wait to hear how little man did at linebacker???

Anonymous said...

holy moly! your power went out again! wtf?!!