Sunday, January 18, 2009

Dressing Jesus

I decided this afternoon to take a nap. Not being a big "nap" person by nature, this was a very unusual event for me. I can count on one hand the amount of naps I take a year.

But today was one of those nap needing days. Possibly because I got up early to go to church before Luke's basketball game - but of course - I'm hoping that my exhaustion is due to a bun cooking in the oven (though I barely dare to hope that out loud).

While napping EVERYTHING woke me up. Work called about a customer's order on credit hold, then the douche bag Operations Manager called to be sure that I wanted the order left on hold, and wanted to know why - even though the why is NOT his business, but I always must justify myself to him for some reason.

Erick had set the kitchen timer to go off for a still unknown reason and that woke me up.

And then there was the dream. Naps always provide me with very strange and colorful dreams. Today's dream was that I was in charge of dressing the company's lighted 4-foot Jesus statue (which doesn't exist by the way) for certain events.

For this event, I was dressing Our Lord and Savior for a dinner in which the Obama's would attend with the owner of the company. I was putting his robes and gowns on, always being careful not to face the statue head on, lest I see our Lord naked.

Then I had to dress the younger Obama girl for some odd reason. And then the owner of my company was yelling at me and the President was drunk and trying to steal Jesus' robes from me.

Anyway, yes, I know, I may need therapy.

Luke's team did win their 1st round championship game today. Luke is the only kid other than one other kid that plays all 4 quarters for every game...because he's good like that. Today though, idiot ex husband didn't force Luke to eat breakfast. By quarter # 4, Luke was so exhausted and excited and nervous that he started puking - all over.

Poor baby. He was so amped up from scoring two baskets in a row and was so nervous about only being one basket ahead with a minute on the clock and of course idiot ex husband didn't force him to eat breakfast and BLECH - it happened.

His team and coach were super supportive and he got clapped off the court, but it was still a little mortifying for the poor kid. An 8 year old who refuses breakfast before a basketball game in which he is the kid on the team required to run court the most in his position is when a parent must step in and force it...idiot.

As the mommy, I'm not allowed to "run out" and save him when he gets hurt on court or on field. That would be "gay" according to Luke and Ziggy, so I sit there and make either Ziggy or Idiot go out there. I turned to Idiot and said, "are you going over there?" And he was like, "uuuhhhhhhhh" and I was like, "YOUR KID IS PUKING!" and then the douche finally gets up to go check on him and get him some water.

Nice.

No comments: