Saturday, January 17, 2009

Plans Schmans

I had so many plans for the day. I was going to go into work to work on my personal taxes, and then read my school textbook and then solve world hunger and then...I just got lazy. Super lazy and now I'm being so lazy that I can hardly imagine how I found the get up and go to check and see how the Internet is doing.

I had a hella week at work. I have one employee that I kick myself in the ass daily for even hiring, who has been more than a handful for over a year now. She's one of those people who crave drama - who need constant drama in order to feel alive or some shit like that.

This week, she made 3 extremely good attempts at creating her needed drama with me and I am proud to say that I was able to thwart all 3 of her attempts. A year ago, I would have buckled and turned to mush and would be spending my weekend fretting over the upcoming investigation into my management style that would be sure to come on Monday and the resulting yelling festival I would receive from our President in which I would be stomped on until I cried for allowing her to win again.

But, with all her problems and headaches and drama, she has actually been a serious blessing to me in this way - I don't take shit anymore. She's made me wise or at least wiser. She's made me cautious of what I say and do as a manager. She's taught me how to remain calm and put personal feelings to the side. She's also taught me how to beat her at her own game...and I thank her for that.

On day 3 of her bullshit, I marched into my boss' office for the 3rd time and told him her shit that she was trying to create with me. But this time, before I left, I demanded that he step in, rather than throwing me under the bus as he normally does. And so, by the end of Friday, thanks to my craftiness in dealing with her, my boss deciding not to be a pansy, and a wonderful Human Resources lady - she was squashed and I even got to sit back and listen to her...apologize. Yes, apologize. Not only did she apologize, but now she thinks that MY boss is the bad guy and that I am her ally. Life is good.

Stupid bitch. Never underestimate me. I may seem weak and easy - but I was raised by the Bitch of the South and I can and I will be one step ahead of you.

No comments: