Thursday, January 1, 2009

How am I still functioning???

I'm currently in that type of exhaustion where I absolutely must keep moving. If I stop and sit, even for a minute, I may crash and be unable to move for 20 hours straight.

I worked all day on New Year's Eve and even worked almost 2 hours past when our office officially closed for the day. Our entire system for our department crashed and since it was end of month, we had no choice but to stay until everything was fixed and we could finish our jobs.

Then I came home and from 6:00pm until almost 3:00am, I literally did not sit down...not one single time. I was setting up for party, being hostess, supervising kids with fireworks, settling down my son and his friend who slept over and caring for a jackass husband who has a pretty gnarly firework burn on his hand.

Then I was up at 7:30am to make breakfast for the boys, feed husband, clean up from party and do general chores. Then I realized that I absolutely couldn't crash yet, so I decided to take down all of the Christmas decorations inside and outside, cut the grass on the front lawn and then I folded 3 loads of clothes.

I'm like in auto pilot and have no clue how I haven't collapsed yet. The boys will need lunch soon, so I know that I can't crash yet...not yet. Husband is FINALLY waking up from his nice 10 hour night of sleep (BASTARD). Once he gets up and gets moving...I think that'll be it - I don't think I can make it much longer.

Son's friend called his dad and begged his dad to let him stay until tonight - like 10:00pm - kid's dad said yes! Oh God - that means lunch and dinner for both boys and 9 more hours of argument control (8 year boys argue - ALOT). While I'm exhausted from it, having the kid here is nice and Luke is having so much freakin fun.

OK, now I'm just rambling. HAPPY NEW YEAR to all! My resolution? Well, for now, my resolution is to sleep and then sleep and then sleep a little more...soon...eventually.

No comments: