Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Snezhanka

So as Room Mother, one of my duties that I knew about, and actually agreed to, was to prepare Luke's class' dish for Global Awareness Day. I have no say in the actual dish that is prepared; I must just do what I am told.

They sent home the recipe in his folder tonight. I have to make Snezhanka. Their country is Bulgaria. Without needing to Google it, I can assure you that Snezhanka is the closest substance to vomit that I have seen...like...ever.

It's a cucumber nastiness that involves squeezing out the juice from cucumbers and mixing it with yogurt (or yoghurt, as the recipe calls it).

Vomit.

Blech.

After much research, I've found about 9 other simple Bulgarian recipes that may actually be edible.

I'm debating fighting this. Even the recipe makes me gag for this shit.

Speaking of gagging, I'm 3dpo. WOO HOO!

And at this time I must give a huge shoutout to http://docgrumbles.wordpress.com/ and wish her the very bestest wishes that I can on a safe and healthy delivery of her baby girl.

1 comment:

Aunt Becky said...

Sounds gross as hell. EW. Kids would never eat it, would they?